- Highly effective for Salad, Baby Leaf and Brassica.
- Maximise pick weight
- Improve Quality & shelf life
- Improving natures freshness
- Absorbed naturally, being smaller than the stomata in the leaves
- Promotes faster, more efficient cooling with less energy used
- Removes field heat quickly and efficiently
- Extended storage times
- Up to 98% humidity
- Enables strategic Cropping – harvest when conditions are poor
Using the latest ultrasonic humidification technology we reduce the dehydration your crop suffers whilst in cold storage. We use pure water, no chemicals to fill the cold store with a visible fog which will penetrate your crop and re-hydrate it. This natural process is known as the Adiabatic effect (evaporative cooling). By rehydrating your crop you can maximise the pick weight, enhance the quality, locking in the natural freshness with just purified water. Additional benefits you will also experience are lower energy costs as this process promotes more efficient cooling with less energy used due to removing field heat quickly. The produce will see an extended shelf life and you can store your crop for longer periods or when weather conditions are poor otherwise known as strategic cropping.
This technology is gaining in popularity at a time when consumers are pushing for reduced plastic usage and so this technology is high in demand. Not only does this allow you to use less plastic in the cold store so the crop is affectively naked, the produce will have a longer shelf life in the retail environment with or without plastic and so we are helping the fight against food wastage.
Our crop hydration systems can be retro fitted into existing cold stores or installed for new build.